Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ay, Gross!

So,
in keeping with my Brooklyn(ite) adventures,
the VeeBee and I had one of our own yesterday.
Whilst walking around our hood, picking up things
we needed to clean our apartment, we passed an old
broken down looking movie theater. After commenting
that we wished it were open so we wouldn't have to travel
so far, we noticed an unassuming older gent walking through
the smoky glass doors. Intrigued we walked up and peered in.
There were a few poster frames promoting movies like, "Scary
Movie" and "Freddie Got Fingered." I turned to the VeeBee
and said, "This has got to show porn! Do these places even still exist?"
We peered in again. The sign above the box office read, 'Adults $10'
'Child $4'. We pondered and then, being bold, the VeeBee went in.
He walked up to the box office, chatted for a sec, nodded his head
and then popped back out the door. "Yup, he said, its porn."
"Are you kidding?!" I said incredulously. "No," he went on, "I walked
up to the box office and there was a little Puerto Rican guy behind
the window. I asked him what kind of movies they played and in
a heavy accent he said (mimicking the accent) "Pornos.". "Gross." I said,
still disbelieving that places like that existed. For the rest of the day we felt
a bit skeeved out, but also intrigued. We googled this place and it shows one straight
porn flick, one gay porn flick and one foreign film. Yeah, cause I really want to go see
"La Dolce Vita" knowing that next door some guy is whacking it to some low rate
gay porn. Yikes! The VeeBee and I pondered how the internet had not killed off places
like this, though I suppose if you were out to watch porn and get laid at the same time
this would be a better spot than say, your living room computer. With that said, we chatted,
ate some breakfast at the local diner and had a leisurely walk about the town. Then, we
cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the apartment. I can't remember the last time scrubbing
a fridge made me break out in an epic sweat. Ay, gross. Here is to cleanliness, getting
the apartment together and getting rid of those damn coackroaches. I am waging a war
and it will be won!!!!!

Tune in next week, when I stumble across more insanity
in the coolest of the five boroughs.

xoxo
~M

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you live here now...why haven't you let me know yet?!?

J and I now reside off the Bergen stop in Cobble Hill - loving the sushi by delivery!

I'd love to have you guys over sometime soon - wine, backyard, bbq - after this weekend a HAMMOCK - what's not to love!

BTW - cockroaches will win...sorry to say.